Friday, February 7, 2014

Behind in EVERYTHING...




I have been so behind on everything, including school. First it took almost two weeks into school just for the books to come in, putting me behind already, then comes the weather knocking out my internet, and my medical problems. As it is now, I have had a headache for two days. I hate the weeks meth (Methotrexate not street Meth you weirdos) really kicks my ass in. I slept most day Wednesday, most Thursday and all of Friday (today). This is not conductive to getting my homework in on time. Add on to it the nausea , swelling in my legs, hands and face, headache and pain (along with not having access to my pain meds until March if the other parts of my medical team don't get off their ass and figure out who is to give me some pain meds so I can function), well this has all caused chaos in my life. At least now I have a homework system I just finished setting up which helps with the forgetfulness of what is due when, and the brain fog I get with chemo. I need to call my professors and talk with them in person as my emails aren't being answered (I think they may not have sent due to glitches with my computer), and see if I can get something done to help me. I need some access to my assignments early, or see if I can get my work done due Wednesday on Friday because being awake trying to keep up on Wednesday makes me sleep for 2 extra days. If I just sleep all Wednesday I usually am better and less tired the days after chemo. Anyway, there is a video pending, I will be posting it later on. I feel like I am in crazy land. I am consistently late, but I am finding ways to fix this. I can't let my assignments fall apart right now, this early. First month is usually the hardest for me as I and my body adjust to schedules, shuffling of meds and appointments (yes I have to shuffle my meds on days stuff is due, like the chemo because they effect how well I can function on a given assignment with memory, wakefulness, or any combination of things). So I have to adjust schedules, meds, appointments, sleep and more to coincide with my schooling. Normal students may not understand this, but anyone who has gone to school who deals with a rare, chronic,and/or life threatening disease, and taken medications that are literal poison to your body, dealing with their side effects will understand 100%. Now hopefully I can get all caught up this weekend, talk to my professors, and hopefully they will let my lateness slide and be more lenient on me this first couple weeks. My professors are pretty nice, and understanding so I hope they will be able to understand. Addressing the confusion and forgetfulness with an awesome app called the homework app is part of the cure to the issue, and if I can get my adjustments from disability services in, hopefully they can put in the accommodations so I can be more successful. Anyway, I need to rest again. Headache from hell. I will try to type out my assignment, but honestly this is so much easier when I Am feeling sick...having to think and be critically thinking about a specific topic when I am in so much pain is SO HARD, but I will try...if I can't I will just get caught up on all my reading...it is far easier on my eyes with a migraine to read a paper book and not look at a computer screen anyway. Love you rare disease buddies, and if anyone has any questions, as always, feel free to ask! I am thinking of starting a video blog answering questions. Whatever they may be, personal, medical, stupid, or creepy. That will have to wait till I get caught up n school though, but hey I will be glad to collect questions until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment