Friday, August 10, 2018

Skeletons and Phantom Pains

Just like that the skeletons in my closet have rattled out.  So tired of fighting these fuckers and shoving them back into submission. Who’d have thought what happened over 30 years ago would still haunt me randomly? How the actions of others could have scarred me so deeply that I fear I will always be damaged. Don’t get me wrong. The wounds have healed. But like a lost limb, the phantom pains of  what was there but is no longer still attacks me at random. Leaving me to fight with myself, that little girl inside of me who just wants to be loved, but not like that. Maybe I just need to embrace her instead. She doesn’t deserve to be forever locked away in the dark. She is me and I am her. Once I can accept what she endured enough to fully love her, maybe we both can really heal. 
Just ramblings from a lunatic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment